What We Believe
- In the word by word inspiration of the sixty-six (66) books of the Old and New Testaments, that they are without error in the original manuscripts, and that they are the final authority in all matters of faith and living.
- In one Triune God, eternally existing in three persons (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit), co-eternal in being; co-equal in power and glory, of the same essence, and having the same attributes.
- In the Lord Jesus as true God and true man; in His virgin birth, sinless humanity, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, present advocacy and His personal, bodily visible and premillenial return.
- That the Holy Spirit is a person; the believers are born of the Spirit, and baptized by the Spirit into the body of Christ at the moment of conversion; that all believers are commanded to be continually filled with the Holy Spirit.
- That man was created sinless and perfect by God in a special act of creation, but willfully disobeyed God and brought sin and death into the world; that since the Fall all men are born alienated from God, enslaved to sin, and under the wrath of God.
- That salvation is a free and everlasting gift of God, entirely of grace and apart from anything man can do to either earn or keep it; that every person is responsible to either receive salvation by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ whose precious blood was shed on Calvary to obtain the forgiveness of sins, or to reject salvation; that salvation includes every necessary provision for Godly living and that those who have been born again are therefore totally accountable for their lives.
- That Satan is a created being who rebelled against God and induced mankind to sin and that he will be eternally punished in the Lake of Fire.
- In the bodily resurrection of all humanity, the saved to unending life with the Lord, the unsaved to judgment and unending punishment in the Lake of Fire.
- In the responsibility of each believer, motivated by the love of Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit, to witness for Christ and to live sacrificially for the proclamation of the Gospel to all the world.
- That the two ordinances of the local church are the baptism of believers and the Lord’s Supper.
- We practice the baptism of believers by immersion.
Information about Wellsville Bible Church
Join Us Sunday!
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us to assist you.
Leave a message